Saturday, October 14, 2006

Day 7 - Stitching the Bottom Panels

Friday I was feeling pretty lousy (cold symptoms) so I left work early and came home to relax - ate lunch and watched TV for a few hours. Then I went out and started stithing the boat seams together with plastic zip-ties. It took me several hours to drill the holes and thread and synch down all the zip-ties. But it definitely looks like a boat now!







I also started assembling the daggerboard trunk for the removable wooden keel. I needed some 1" thick pieces of wood for the spacers, so ended up cutting the needed pieces out of a 2x4 scrap. Then I applied some Gorilla Glue and clamped it down with some $1 each clamps I purchased at Ace Hardware.

The next step is to start fiber glassing the seams, but I'll explain that process in the next post.


~E

2 comments:

gil · jen said...

You're on your way, E!!! hope you feel better soon.. AHOY!!

Eric said...

Thanks for the post! :) It took me until last night (nearly a week after your post) to figure out who "g:j" was. OK, so I'm a little slow... :)

~E