Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Day 4 - Butt Block Slippage

Yesterday I went out to see how the Gorilla Glue worked and found that one of the "butt blocks" had slid off it's original mark. My little workshop isn't exactly level, and evidently the glue created a nice hydrolic cushion for the butt block to glide on... Gravity did the rest. Having not used Gorilla Glue before I think I might have accidently used too much... This is what it looks like now:

The one on the left is correct. The one on right has slipped... The good news is that the Gorilla glue is SUPER STRONG, so I don't think it will be a problem. However once the pannel has been installed in the boat I might reinforce it if I think it needs it.

I started tracing out some of the other parts on the 3/8" plywood but didn't get around to cutting any. Maybe tomorrow.



~E

No comments: