Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Day 2 - Cutting Paper Patterns

Last night I started tracing and cutting out the paper patterns for the large boat pieces. The plans say that this process should take only 2 hours. I spent 1.5 hours last night and I'm not even close to being done with this step of the process! I think that I might be doing it the long way...

I bought a large roll of paper, which I am tracing the pattures onto. Then from that, I will trace those patterns onto the plywood and then cut them out. It's a longer process, but I think it will be easier and more accurate in the long run.

Yesterday I swung by Lowes and Home Depot and realized that fiberglass wasn't all that expensive nor did it seem all that heavy, so I think I probably will reinforce the boat seams with fiberglass afterall.



~E

No comments: