Friday, October 27, 2006

Day 12 - More Fiberglass

I worked another hour or 2 fiberglassing the inside of the boat last night. I have finished putting glass & epoxy on all of the major seams and will probably start doing the outside next. Then I'll finish patching up the remaining spots on the inside of the hull.

With the weather getting colder outside, I've been keeping the doors to my workshop closed which drastically cuts down on good fresh-air ventilation... And with all the epoxy and acetone fumes in there, it can get pretty strong! One evening when I was working out there I started getting light-headed, so I figured it was time to quit for the night.

Last night I rigged up a paper curtain in the doorway which helps to hold in the warm air (3 or 4 feet from the ceiling) and then allows fresh air to come in down below. That seemed to work pretty well, however it wasn't very cold out yesterday... Hopefully I'll get this fiberglassing all finished before it gets too cold.


~E

No comments: