Sunday, July 08, 2007

And Then There Was Color

OK, so the maiden voyage hasn't happened yet...

But, I finally put a coat of color on the boat! It feels like it's getting so close now. I also painted the inside of the boat and the top of the bow. I'll post pictures of that after the paint dries and I can flip it over again.

I also cut out and glued the layers of plywood together to build the rudder. Now I just need to make the tiller (for the rudder) and make the sail... Oh, and register the boat.

P.S. I now also have life jackets!

Oh, and "happy 4th of July week" to all you Americans who care. In my previous post I mentioned that it was Memorial Day, so thought it was only fair to also mention the 4th in this one. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

coooool.... color. it's looking good!