Monday, April 23, 2007

Daggerboard and Mast


As you probably noticed I quit keeping track of how many days I was working on the boat. I kind of got out of sync and lost count and gave up...

...but maybe that's a good thing because I've been making good progress! This Spring weather has been awesome (except for a week or so ago when it got down into the 20's and killed all our baby peaches and other flowering plants).

Since my last post I:
~ Filled cracks and holes with latex caulking and wood filler.
~ Sanded down rough edges with my Drimmel tool.
~ Built the daggerboard and daggerboard handle.
~ Shaped the mast pieces (by using a hand planer to make the the mast narrower at the top and adding pieces of wood, canvas and epoxy to make it thicker at the base).

I am guessing I have about 2 more weeks worth of work before the boat is ready for it's maiden voyage! :)


No comments: