Wednesday, August 08, 2007

It's Finally Finished!

Tonight we pulled the boat out onto the lawn and assembled the mast & sail for the very first time! I wanted to make sure everything worked the way it was supposed to and that I had all the correct parts before we hit the water...

It really does look like a sailboat now! Maybe not necessarily like the stereotypical triangular sail sailboat, but nevertheless I am still very proud of my little boat!

Earlier this evening I went to go check out a trailer that was for sale -- I'll probably end up buying it. Tomorrow I'm getting a trailer hitch installed on my car, so hopefully by this weekend I'll be ready and equipped to go sailing!

If you're interested in watching the maiden voyage with me, just send me an email and I'll let you know when and where to meet.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Maiden voyage watching sounds like fun! Got an air conditioner on that thing? :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Huh. So that's what happens when you delete a comment.

Anyway . . . let's go sailing!

Anonymous said...

congrats, E.. got dibs?!